Networking to Get Working
Attend LVP Meetings: Networking for a Brighter Future
LVP encourages its members to attend its weekly Friday meetings, participate in the educational and training programs, join a committee to contribute, and network to get work with fellow professionals.
LVP Meetings every Friday: 10AM to 12PM
PA CareerLink, Lehigh Valley
555 Union Blvd., Allentown, PA 18109
LVP Member Benefits: We Serve Each Other’s Needs
- Learn job search techniques
- Develop personal branding and 30 second “elevator” speech
- Create resumes, business cards, cover letters and LinkedIn profiles
- Refine networking and interviewing skills
- Gain access to job search resources and educational programs offered by PA CareerLink Lehigh Valley
- Connect with over 2,000 LVP alumni who have landed jobs and are sympathetic to your situation
Improved Career Visibility
- Include your professional summary and LinkedIn profile on the LVP website
- Meet hiring managers, recruiters and employment connectors at bi-monthly LVP networking events
- Be informed about unadvertised jobs, job postings that you might otherwise miss and upcoming local job fairs
- Gain access to the LVP Alumni members who can be valuable assets to your networking and employment search efforts
Peer Support – You are not alone. For some members, this has made all the difference.
- Motivate, support and mentor one another to maintain a positive outlook
- Join industry and career specific committees and focus groups to contribute, stay current, remain active, and hone your skills with kindred members
- Network, develop valuable business relationships and make new friends
Lehigh Valley Professionals Membership Requirements
- Professionals who are in transition or recent college graduates from the Greater Lehigh Valley who are currently seeking professional employment.
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher is required, or 5 years of business experience working in a role that typically requires a Bachelor's degree or higher
- Attend a PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley Introduction to Services session
- Complete the online Pennsylvania CareerLink enrollment at www.pacareerlink.state.pa.us and post your resume and job preferences to the Commonwealth Workforce Development System
- Attend a weekly LVP member meeting held on Fridays, complete a New Member Application, and submit a copy of your resume
The Membership Committee will review your application and notify you within one week of your membership status. For more information, contact Lehigh Valley Professionals at (484) 602-5252 or email.