Frequently Asked Questions
LVP Meetings are held every Friday 10AM to 12PM
At PA CareerLink Lehigh Valley (PPL Room) 555 Union Blvd. Allentown, PA 18109
The Lehigh Valley Professionals (LVP) is a forum and support group where Lehigh Valley professionals network with each other to exchange information on job searching techniques and tools, local firms, and job/career leads and business contacts.
Professionals from the greater Lehigh Valley who are seeking new jobs/careers are welcome to become part of our group. Prospective members should have a Bachelor's degree or higher or five (5) years experience in a role that would typically require a Bachelor's degree or higher. You must attend a group meeting on a Friday, fill out the New Member Application, and submit a copy of your resume. This will enable Lehigh Valley Professionals to make a final determination if LVP services and programs can assist you. Our Membership Committee will review each application and make a determination within one week.
- Promote LVP as the first source of professionals to fill permanent and contract positions in the Lehigh Valley and surrounding area.
- Assist each other in the development of job searching skills such as networking, researching opportunities, written correspondence with employers, resume writing and interviewing.
- Invite companies, recruiters, and others to address the group on topics of interest.
- Network with other members, generously share job leads and provide personal introductions (not, "just use my name").
- Serve on a committee or periodically volunteer time to support activities such as leading chapter meetings and events.
- Share advice, feedback, and topical expertise.
In order for a result to appear in your search the candidate profile must have been updated within the last month.
For every other entry in the Search Professionals results there is a "Contact Me" link which allows employers to send email. Mine does not show up. Why??
The software we use does not allow you to send email to yourself. Since you are logged into the LVP website the "Contact Me" link is not available.
Try logging out and see if the link is then available. If not contact the IT/Web Committee.
In order to get these notices you must have joined the Yahoo groups LVPPNG group. This is available to all LVP members.
New members should have received an invitation to join the group. If you have not, browse to: http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/lvppng/ and click on "Join this Group."
If you have already joined the group, please check your Spam folder to see if the mail has been routed there.
Scroll down to the bottom of any page. There you will see a menu which includes "My Account", "Site Map" and "Log out".
- You must have Job Search Profile entries including: Work Title, Work Description and the LinkedIn URL
- Your Profile must have been updated in the last month
Update your Job Search Profile, which is in your account settings. Select "Prevent Employer Search"